Drawing a polygon in the map is quite simple. Follow the steps below to draw a polygon on the map, and download the resulting polygon in .KML file format.
- Start the polygon drawing tool by clicking on the "Draw Polygon" button (looks like a pencil):
- Draw the polygon by clicking on the map where you would like to start drawing, then holding the left mouse button, and moving your mouse to draw a freehand polygon
- Download the polygon as a .KML file by clicking on the "Download Last Polygon." This will download whichever polygon was drawn last.
- The polygon will download as a .KML file:
- Upload that same .KML file into the "Related File or Image" part of the map if you would like to use the polygon as part of your comment.
- Also, you can open the KML file in Google Earth if you wish.