This page lists new features, fixes, and updates -- as we continue to make improvements to this website.
February 15, 2019:
- Layers currently on the Review website represent Landfire Update 2014
- Comments have and are being used for improvement and evaluation of the Landfire Remap and subsequent updates
July 20, 2017:
- A new section of the User's Manual has been added to show how to use the new Comment Heatmap system (here).
July 18, 2017:
- A new map is available for registered users. The new Comment Heatmap shows the locations of where users have submitted comments: by location and by zone.
- Comments submitted by location can be clicked on to display the comment data: coordinates (lat/long), suggested fixes, and comment text.
- Each zone with a comment submitted in it will have a circle behind the zone number that will scale it's size with the amount of comments submitted for that zone.
June 19, 2017:
- Added a drop down menu button to the main navigation menu called "2014 Maps" and moved the EVT Map, FBFM40 Map, and the Disturbance Map buttons to options in that drop down menu.
- This has fixed overlapping of the "Home" and "About" buttons on the LANDFIRE logo.
- This will allow for future addition of new maps easier without overcrowding the site navigation menu.
May 19, 2017:
- EVT, FBFM40, VDIST, EVC, EVH, and BPS layers have been updated to the 2014 year layers.
March 24, 2017:
- EVC, EVH, and BPS maps have been added to the list of selectable basemaps. These new basemaps are from 2012. Users can use the "Identify" functionality to view pixel data from each of these new custom basemaps similary to using the "Identify" functiontality on the EVT, FBFM, and Disturbance maps.
March 13, 2017:
- Users are able to draw freehand polygons on the maps now. By clicking on the "Draw Polygon" button (looks like a pencil) in the map's menu, then clicking and holding the mouse button while moving the mouse, a polygon is drawn on the map. After the user has completed the polygon, release the mouse button, and the polygon will close itself. Then, click on the "Download Last Polygon" to download the most recently drawn polygon in .KML file format. This file can be opened in Google Earth, or uploaded into the comment form to specifiy a group of pixels.
- There is a new comment form in the EVT map for commenting on the FBFM Ruleset. By clicking on the "Change Forms" button (looks like a bulleted list on a page) in the map's menu, the comment form below the map will toggle between the EVT Comment Form and the FBFM Comment Form.
February 1, 2017:
- A new map displaying disturbance data (Wildfire, Insects, etc.) has been added to the site. By clicking on the Identify button (i), then selecting "Disturbance" in the drop down menu, and then clicking on a disturbance on the map, specific information about that disturbance is displayed.
- The base layer that is loaded on the Disturbance map is an aggregate layer of disturbances from the years 1999-2014 for CONUS, 1999-2012 for Alaska, and 2011-2012 data for Hawaii.
- After clicking the Identify button (i), selecting "Disturbance" to enable the Disturbance popups, and clicking on a disturbance on the map, a list of years when a disturbance happeded appears in the popup on the map. By clicking on one of these years, the disturbance basemap will change from the aggregate years layer (1999-2014 CONUS, 1999-2012 AK, or 2011-2012 HI), to the selected year's layer. So, by clicking on the year 1999 in the CONUS popup of a disturbance, the disturbance basemap will change from 1999-2014 disturbance layer to the 1999 disturbance layer.
- To switch back from a specific year's layer (EX: 1999) to the aggregate years layer, make sure "Disturbance" popups are enabled by clicking on the Identify button (i), then click on the "Disturbance" button. If you already have disturbance popups enabled from earlier, you can skip this step. Then, in the resulting map popup, the selected pixel's data will appear in a popup on the map. The second line from the bottom of the popup will have a link named "Return to aggregate disturbance layer." By clicking on this link, the disturbance basemap will change from the specific year's disturbance layer (EX: 1999) back to the combined years layer (EX: 1999-2014 for CONUS).
January 6, 2017:
- A new version of the Tools section of the User's Manual has been added. This version is more "step-by-step" and has a table of contents, and a separate section for each tool in the system.
December 23, 2016:
- The 2017 Webinar schedule has been added to the "About" page. Each Webinar's focus, date, time, and registration link can be found in the Webinar schedule.
September 30, 2016:
- New button in map dropdown menu for disabling display of tables.
- Alaska and Hawaii have been added to the system. EVT and FM basemaps added along with feature layers.
- EVT/FM popups now work on any basemap.
- EVT and FM data from pixel displayed in same basemap. Click on small arrow next to popup close button to toggle between EVT and FM pixel data.
- Browser compatability testing: Google Chrome, Modzilla Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge, and Opera browsers all supported. Download of table data in Safari
- Version of map data now in "About" page. System currently uses data from 2012.
September 8, 2016:
- Added popups to the EVT map that displays data from the selected pixel of either the EVT or FM basemap.
- Redesigned buttons to maximize usable map area.
August 26, 2016:
- Added a user's manual page. This page has instructions on how to use the map system.
- The EVT map is the default basemap when the EVT Map page is loaded. Also fixed a bug of extra layers being displayed if a vegetation type or Fuel Moded was not selected before toggling between basemaps.
August 18, 2016:
- Added a button to disable the map zoom and pan when a zone is clicked. By clicking on the menu button in the top left corner of the map (symbolized by three horizontal bars), the "Disable Zoom" button (symbolized with a magnifying glass with an "X" on the lens), and the "Enable Popups" button (symbolized with a circle with an "i" in it) are displayed, and can be clicked to toggle the functionality of each respective button.
- Now the page displays the selected zone's name above the map.
- Added color EVT basemap to list of selectable basemaps.
- General responsive page fixes (page displays better on smaller screens).
July 15, 2016:
- Updated adjacent zone selection functionality. Now by clicking on the "Select Adjacent Zones" button above the map, and drawing a rectangle over a border of two zones, the two adjacent zones will be selected and their data queried.
- Added a button to the maps that can capture the data of the current mouse click on the map and automatically fill out the Comments Form with that data. By clicking on the "Capture Data" button above the map, then clicking anywhere on the map, the latitude, longitude, and zone name of the location clicked, as well as either the EVT code or fuel model (depending on what map the user is on) will be automatically filled out in the comments section.
July 7, 2016:
- Added ability to download data from tables in CSV (Microsoft Excel) file format. After a vegetation type is selected, or a fuel model is selected, and the results tables appear there is a link at the top of that window that says "Export table data into Excel." By clicking on this link, the table data will be downloaded in a Microsoft Excel (CSV) format.
- Added an info button to the bottom left of the map that, when clicked, two options appear for popup windows with zone information. These popups appear over a selected zone. The "Info" option gives general information about the zone, while the EVT button (in the EVT map) gives the EVT code, and the FM (in the FM map) gives the FM code in the popups.
July 1, 2016:
- Adjacent zone selection works now on FBFM40 map.
- Added popup box to selected zones that displays general information (zone name and number) when a user clicks on a zone.
- Added another button to make using the adjacent zone selection easier and more intuitive. Now to use the adjacent zone selection:
- 1) Click on the "Select Multiple Zones" button above the map
- 2) Select as many zones as you would like
- 3) Click on a vegetation type in EVT map or Fuel Model in the drop down list in FBFM40
- 4) Values from all selected zones appear in tables.
- 5) Select another vegetation type (EVT) or Fuel Model (FBFM40) to see data from selected zones, or click on "Select Multiple Zones" button again and start over with new set of zones at step 2, or click on "Select Single Zone" to return to selecting one zone at a time.
June 29, 2016:
- Added capability to select multiple zones in the EVT map and display results from all selected zones. By clicking on the "Select Multiple Zones" button above the map, then selecting multiple zones, and then selecting a vegetation type results from all the selected zones will be added into the results tables.
- Added latitude and longitude display above EVT map corresponding to mouse location on map.
June 23, 2016:
- Added selecting zone by mouse click. Clicking on a zone on the map will select it and zoom to that zone.
- Added selecting zone by row in Zones table. Instead of clicking on the magnifying glass the whole row in that table can now be clicked to select the zone.
- Added search bar to both EVT and FBFM40 maps that allows for searches of cities or areas.
June 22, 2016:
- Bug fixes. EVT and FBFM40 maps tested and working in all major browsers.
May 25, 2016:
- Add new EVT Fuels table to the FBFM40 Map
- Change table types to moveable/collapsible
May 11, 2016:
- Modified EVT-Maps page to enable generated (query) tables to be moved or collapsed by user.
May 3, 2016:
- Added Reference Section to the About Page.
April 29, 2016:
- Added webinar registration links.
Apr 26, 2016:
- The EVT query issue has been resolved.
- Logged in users can now see previously-added comments on the EVT and FBFM40 maps (bottom of page).
- Logged in users can now edit their EVT and FBFM40 comments.
- A "What's New?" page has been added (and you are looking at it!).